In the future the role of the craftsman will be more important than ever before.
Marshall McLuhan, 1966
And nearly 50 years later, CCBC continues to work on behalf of our membership to ensure that the role that craft artists play in our culture is recognized, honoured and supported in every way possible.
In 2015 CCBC:
- paid more than $132,123 to artists participating in our programming;
- we shared our love of craft with 61,164 visitors in our space on GI;
- provided ongoing retail/commission opportunities for 196 artists;
- created exhibition opportunities for 61 artists;
- welcomed 48 new members;
- introduced 18 new artists in the GI shop;
- 29 artists went through SOQ;
- held ‘one on one’ proposal writing & social media sessions for
- hosted 8 amazing exhibits in our gallery;
- celebrated 5 artists through awards, bursaries and nominations;
- launched Citizens of Craft in 4 venues;
- co-sponsored 3 community events;
- delivered presentations at 2 conferences;
- hosted 2 fundraising events featuring BC artists;
- secured an exciting new retail opportunity at the Audain Art Museum;
- and in conjunction with HCMA architects we developed a functional plan for a new BC centre of craft.
To continue to deliver these much needed programs
we need your support – so be a part of the future of craft by clicking below!
For information about providing a donation, building legacies, creating endowments or establishing scholarships or awards, please contact Raine McKay, Executive Director at 604.687.6511 or firstname.lastname@example.org.