Board / Staff
Board of Directors
Deborah Dumka, Past President
- Deb is a craftsperson working with natural fibre, dyes and a variety of textile techniques to produce functional felted work. Within this, she thinks mostly about our relationship to landscape and how real time experiences with nature are essential to our personal wellbeing. Her degree in electrical engineering and diploma in textile studies link up in her current interactive work. Deborah works from her home studio in a rural community on the edge of an island in the Salish Sea with a west coast vista of forest, ocean, mountains and sky.As well as being on the board of CCBC she is the current past president of the CCF/FCMA.
Bettina Matzkuhn, President
- Bettina Matzkuhn has worked in fibre for 30 years with an emphasis on embroidery and fabric collage. She holds a BFA in Visual Arts and an MA in Liberal Studies from Simon Fraser University. In the 1980s she animated and directed three award-winning films using textiles for the National Film Board of Canada and an interest in narrative continues to inform her work. She exhibits her work in Canada and internationally, writes professionally on the arts, and is a sessional instructor at Emily Carr University of Art and Design in Vancouver, Canada.
Linda Korbin, Secretary
- I am new to the Board this year. Until my retirement, I served as Executive Director of the BC Association of Social Workers. With substantial experience in the not-for-profit sector, along with a creative and entrepreneurial spirit, I look forward to contributing to the work of the Craft Council in growing a thriving and vibrant crafts community in BC.
Barbara Heller, Board Member
- Barbara Heller is a passionate proponent of the art of tapestry and of the place of tapestry in contemporary art. She has exhibited locally, nationally, and internationally and her tapestries have been featured in several books and articles, including Cover Ups and Revelations: the Tapestries of Barbara Heller.
Stefanie Curtis, Board Member
- Stefanie Curtis has experience in retail sales, communications and marketing for the last 10 years. Stefanie has extensively worked with non-for-profit organizations to small and large size businesses, helping start-ups to Fortune 500 companies with their marketing and communications strategic plans and initiatives. Stefanie holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of British Columbia with specializations in marketing and human resources.
Dawn Michelle Russell
- Dawn Michelle Russell rejoined the CCBC Board in May 2017 having previously served in the early 2000’s. She is an accomplished fundraising professional with more than 20 years experience.
Dawn creates handwoven, surface-designed textiles in her spare time for her label, Della Terra Designs. Her work is earth inspired and sourced, influenced by the textures and patterns of nature. Dawn’s recent garments explore zero waste in fashion design, a natural progression from her move to work with natural fibres and plant dyes using eco-conscious practices.
Her one-of-a-kind garments have been shown in gallery exhibitions and shows throughout the Lower Mainland and Sunshine Coast, BC; Santa Fe, NM, Holetown, Barbados and Jeon-ju, South Korea.
In addition to volunteering with CCBC, Dawn works full time in donor relations for UFV, is on the Stepping Stone Community Services Society board and the steering committee for Slow Clothes: The Art of Fashion show held annually during the Harmony Arts Festival.
Julia Kwinter, Treasurer
- Julia is a Chartered Professional Accountant and Chartered Business Valuator who lives in Vancouver, BC. She is currently a Senior Manager at Deloitte LLP. Julia has over 14 years of experience providing financial advisory support to clients, primarily related to valuation and dispute resolution. With a clear understanding of the distinct roles of board and management with respect to governance and operations Julia creates practical solutions to complicated problems. She brings expertise in accounting, finance and strategic planning with industry specialization in the technology, retail and consumer products sectors. She holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Victoria and is a member of the BC Association of Women in Finance.
Raine McKay, Executive Director
Emma Kelly, Social Enterprise Manager
Jocelyn Bussieres , Member Services & CCBC Shop