Has Mother’s Day snuck up on you this year? The Craft Council of BC is glad to help out! We’ve put together some special one-of-a-kind gift ideas to help you pull together a meaningful tribute just in time (and mom will be none the wiser!)
- These little pieces of art, oxidized sterling silver earrings by Paprika Designs, will add a splash of color to any outfit!
- These playful miniature teapots by Carolyn Dipasquale nestled alongside some of your gran’s favorite teas is sure to bring a smile!
- For when she is not out working in the garden, keep your mom’s love of nature close to her with this copper leaf print cuff by ZULA Jewelry + Design.
- Your mom can practice her cursive writing or sketch images from her latest adventure in a hand-bound leather journal by Lost Arts Café.
- Go to a movie and leave your mom to enjoy glass of wine and a hot sudsy bubble bath by candle light – captured in a wood candle holder, inlaid with turquoise, malachite & azurite, by Wild Woods.
- For the home chef, this tagine with a blue glass knob by Golem Designs will add an exotic twist to her culinary repertoire (we suggest gifting it with a great Middle Eastern cookbook, like Jerusalem by Ottolenghi!)
- Unique planters by Eikcam Ceramics make a great gift when paired with an awesome plant. Hint – they’re the perfect size for succulents, and a lot of beauty with little maintenance is sure to be appreciated!
- An eco-printed silk scarf by Vanti Designs, dyed with locally foraged botanicals, are as light as a feather for year-round wear, ensuring your mom or auntie thinks of you often!
Shop these gift ideas and more, all handmade by local artisans, at the Crafthouse on Granville Island.
1386 Cartwright Street, Granville Island, Vancouver
Open daily from 10am-6pm