The Craft Council of BC is excited to be participating in Giving Tuesday, a new Canadian movement for giving and volunteering, on Tuesday, December 1, 2015. Charities, companies and individuals commit to supporting causes in our communities.
The Craft Council of BC is collecting donations of clothing, toiletries and other items for Vancouver’s WISH Drop-In Centre Society, a charity dedicated to improving the health, safety and well-being of of women who are involved in Vancouver’s street-based sex trade.
Here is a full list of items WISH is looking for. If you have any of these things to give, please drop off donations at the Crafthouse by Monday, November 30, 2015.
- Purses, backpacks, any bags
- Winter coats/rain jackets
- Walkable and/or weather resistant shoes (boots, sneakers, flats), especially larger sizes (9+) and/or very small sizes
- Plus sized and maternity clothing
Makeup and toiletries:
- Cosmetics: all new and gently used, but especially foundation (preferably in a range of skin shades), concealer, black eyeliner, mascara and perfume
- High-end or unopened items for birthday bags
- Feminine hygiene (especially tampons)
- Cosmetic applicators (cotton swabs, cosmetic rounds, makeup sponges)
- Hair brushes and appliances for styling (dryers and straighteners especially)
- Skincare for face (facial lotion and makeup remover)
- Towels (especially bath sized)
- Warm blankets
- Shopping bags (plastic or cloth)
- To-go containers, either Tupperware type or clean plastic disposable (like yogurt containers)
- Calling cards
- Bus tickets
We are so grateful for your help! Have a wonderful giving season.
All the best,
The Craft Council of BC