Over this past year you may have purchased work from our store, exhibited in our gallery, sold work through our social enterprises, found an amazing opportunity by reading the e-news or perhaps enjoyed attending one of our many events that celebrated craft and the artists that create it.
In addition to the activity you participated in did you know that in 2015 CCBC paid more than $132,123 to artists; we shared our love of craft with 61,164 visitors in our space on Granville Island; provided ongoing retail/commission opportunities for 196 artists; delivered exhibition opportunities for 61 artists; welcomed 48 new members; introduced 18 new artists in the GI shop; 29 artists went through Standards of Quality; supported ‘one-on-one’ proposal writing & social media sessions for 21 artists; hosted 8 amazing exhibits onsite; celebrated 5 artists through awards, bursaries and nominations; launched Citizens of Craft in 4 venues; co-sponsored 3 community events; delivered presentations at 2 conferences; hosted 2 fundraising events; secured an exciting new retail opportunity at the Audain Art Museum; and in conjunction with HCMA architects we developed a functional plan for a new BC Centre of Craft.
To ensure these opportunities are there for you next year, please consider an extra gift this season – you can make a difference with:
- a donation of $35 supports our membership outreach
- a donation of $50 we can ensure 2 hours of one on one coaching for artists around their business practices
- a donation of $100 ensures we can pay a juror to administer a media specific Standards of Quality session
- a donation of $250 allows us to secure a venue for one of the three lectures in the Art of Craft series
- a donation of $500 covers the promotion costs for two exhibitions in our annual exhibition series
- a donation of $1,000 provides the needed matching funds for one of our bi-annual awards in support of enriching the practice of a deserving artist
- a donation of $2,500 will give under-served youth the opportunity to connect with and understand the important role craft plays in our culture
Thank you for any amount of gift you are able to share and know, we couldn’t be there for artists if you weren’t there for us!