Craft, Heritage & Me Program
We are in the process of revising the online curriculum for our Craft, Heritage and Me Program – one of our fabulous summer students – Michelle Martin – is currently researching the following:
- What are the dominant discourses/narratives that have shaped the way we see craft today?
- How have people responded to those discourses/narratives?
- What do craft objects tell us about history? Heritage?
- What are ways to theoretically approach craft? In the studio? In the museum/gallery?
- How does ‘craft’ differ from design and fine art? Is it still important to make the distinction? If so, why?
- How have craft artist responded to digital technology?
So if you have any great references or a strong informed opinion, please contact Michelle to pass them along.