We have a job opening and are looking for a Shop Assistant for our Social Enterprise store on Granville Island.
Crafthouse is the social enterprise program operated by CCBC where we display and sell juried contemporary craft in ceramic, fibre, glass, metal and wood by members of the Council. Through providing an outlet for the display and sale of craft, we aim to support emerging and established artists, deliver information and education about craft to the general public, and contribute to the thriving community of Granville Island.
Your specific duties would be:
- Sales: greeting and engaging with visitors to the Crafthouse to share information about craft and our artists, our gallery space, and CCBC; use our POS system to process transactions.
- Provide excellent service to customers requesting shipping, special orders, repairs and referrals to artists.
- Perform opening and closing routines.
- Inventory: enter new work into our system, awareness of where and how extra work is stored, replace sold work, sign-out inventory to artists as required.
- Assist with displays, including regularly rotating stock and the front window display as needed.
- Store & stock maintenance, including jewellery cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, window and glass case cleaning.
- Assist with training new staff and volunteers as needed.
- Assist with maintaining supply levels, including forms, artist biography cards, stationary items etc.
- Assist with administrative tasks and bookkeeping as needed.
- Inform the Manager of any situations that arise as necessary.
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience, supervisory experience is an asset.
- Experience with POS systems, MS Word, database programs. Aptitude for quickly learning new computer programs and systems.
- Courteous, helpful and outgoing personality when interacting with others.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and have the ability to take the lead and work independently when required.
- Ability to multi-task, organized, flexible.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and lift objects.
- Arts background is an asset.
Interested? Then please send along your cover letter and resume (Attn. Shop Assistant) to:
Deadline: 6PM September 25, 2016
For the full posting please read: september_2016_shopassistant