Date: Jun 05 - 22, 2013
Time: 5:00 pm
Vancouver Coast & Mts
The Craft Council has received a grant for 2 summer students from the Young Canada Works Program. Both positions are 13 weeks/35hrs/wk @$12/hr.
We are looking for a creative and motivated student to assist in working with our education and social enterprise committees to scout new artists and to create a community map of the lower mainland crafts sector. The outcome is to document the cultural influence within this craft sector while offering artists the opportunity to participate in our social enterprise and Imagined Communities program. It presents an opportunity to use your business and community building skills to engage artists in the several social enterprise opportunities offered by CCBC. Excellent research and community building skills will result in documentation that will provide content around the intersection of heritage and craft in the lower mainland to be used in our Imagined Community Program for youth.
We are looking for a creative and motivated student to coordinate the social media strategy for Craft Council of BC’s 40th anniversary celebration activities. In 2013 the Council is hosting a national conference in Vancouver and supporting regional activities around the province. This position will design and implement a social media strategy that will engage the 17 communities producing exhibitions and workshops celebrating craft across the province. The other aspect of the position will be to build on this strategy to engage communities, organizations and arts councils to participate in the fall conference.
Students are eligible if they:
- are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada; Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
- are legally entitled to work in Canada;
- are between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- meet the eligibility criteria of the program for which you are applying;
- are registered in the YCW on-line candidate inventory – sign up here
- are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
- do not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW;
- have been a full-time student (as defined by your educational institution) in the semester preceding the YCW job;
- intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW job
So if you or someone you know is interested please send your resume to email@example.com by June 7th, 2013.