update: June 17, 2020
The CCBC Shop & Gallery will reopen on Friday, June 19, 2020!
Temporary hours of operation:
CCBC Shop & Gallery Granvile Island
Wednesday – Sunday
11:00 am – 4:00 pm
We are following the BC guidelines for a safe re-opening. Here is what you need to know for your next visit:
- Parking on Granville Island is free for the remainder of 2020. This is subject to changes by CMHC Granville Island – please stay tuned for updates.
- Max 10 people are allowed in the shop at a time. You are welcome to wait outside if the shop is at capacity, and come in once someone leaves the shop.
- Signage will be available on the floor to promote safe distancing
- Visitors and staff will need to wear a face mask at all times while inside the shop & gallery. If you forgot your mask, we can provide one.
- All visitors are required to sanitize their hands upon entry at the provided sanitization station.
- We know craft is about touching, but if you want to inspect an item more closely, please ask our staff for help beforehand. They will provide disposable gloves and sanitize the items afterwards.
- If you would like to schedule a private visit to the gallery with a small group of people within your bubble, you can make an appointment for the gallery here, or call ahead – 604 687 7270.
Message posted on March 17, 2020 – please see update above
In response to the quickly evolving situation regarding SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19, and as a precaution for the wellbeing of our members, volunteers, customers, and staff, the CCBC Shop & Gallery is temporarily closed, as of March 17, 2020.
Additionally, some of our programming has been either postponed or canceled as detailed below:
- DISRUPT. Exhibition has been moved to an online format. You can view it here.
- Belonging Exhibition by Fia Cooper has been postponed. It will now run October 1 – November 12, 2020. Learn more.
- The Earring Show 2020 is now a virtual happy hour! Help us keep one of our main events going in the age of social distancing by joining us in a Sip & Shop on May 9, 2020, at 4pm PST, 7pm EST. Learn more.
- Postponed until further notice:
- The CCBC AGM
- The Art of Craft Lecture Series 2020
- Upcoming Standards of Quality Jury sessions have been canceled.
We are aware that your activities are being seriously affected by the situation. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to take the survey below to better inform the government’s decision around support for the arts sector:
Below are a few resources you can consult to stay informed:
Government of Canada
Canada Council for the Arts
BC Arts Council