The CCBC is a charitable not-for-profit organization that works on behalf of our membership to promote and support contemporary craft in BC and across Canada.
Thanks to donor support, in just one year the CCBC…
• Paid more than $132,123 to artists participating in our programming;
• Shared our love of craft with 61,164 visitors in our space on GI;
• Provided ongoing retail/commission opportunities for 196 artists;
• Created exhibition opportunities for 61 artists;
• Welcomed 48 new members;
• Introduced 18 new artists in the GI shop;
• Helped 29 artists went through SOQ;
• Held ‘one on one’ proposal writing & social media sessions for 21 artists;
• Hosted 8 amazing exhibits in our gallery;
• Celebrated 5 artists through awards, bursaries and nominations;
• Launched Citizens of Craft in 4 venues;
• Co-sponsored 3 community events;
• Delivered presentations at 2 conferences;
• Hosted 2 fundraising events featuring BC artists;
• Secured an exciting new retail opportunity at the Audain Art Museum;
Developed a functional plan for a new BC centre of craft in conjunction with HCMA architects.
Did you know? The Craft Council of British Columbia is a registered charity and your support is a charitable donation.
For more information about providing a donation, building legacies, creating endowments or establishing scholarships or awards, please contact Raine McKay, Executive Director at 604.687.6511 or [email protected].