robert jekyll award for leadership in craft
deadline for applications
The Canadian Crafts Federation / Fédération canadienne des métiers d’art (CCF/FCMA) invites the craft community to put forward nominations for the newly redesigned Robert Jekyll Award for Leadership in Craft. The award celebrates distinguished contributors to the craft sector, and it is one of the highest markers of exceptional commitment to development of the craft community in Canada.
- Nominees must be distinguished contributors to the craft sector, having dedicated significant time
- (suggested minimum: ten years) and energy to the movement and development of the contemporary
- Canadian craft sector. This may include artists, administrators, curators, collectors, educators, volunteers
- or any other category related directly to the craft field. Recipients will be chosen based on the impact they
- have had in advancing the respect for and recognition of the craft sector. National impact is preferred,
- however regional impact at a provincial or territorial level will be considered.
- Affiliate Members and Craft Council Members in good standing with the CCF/FCMA, past Robert Jekyll
- Award recipients, and the CCF/FCMA Board of Directors are eligible to submit a nomination. Current Board members cannot be nominated with the exception of Past President.
Eligible organizations may submit up to (3) nominations per year. Previously unsuccessful nominations may be submitted for consideration a maximum of three consecutive years.