a mugnificent fundraiser
online – zoom
Fall is upon us, and we are gearing up for our end-of-year fundraiser: Mystery Mugs – a Mugnificent Fundraiser!
For a third year in a row, we welcome Mystery Mugs, an event full of warmth, light, winter snacks, and of course, MUGS!
We love being able to provide programming and opportunities for our members and the craft community! Our mandate as an arts service organization, is to create opportunities for artists to exhibit and sell their work, as well as advocate for the craft sector; to continue doing so, we need your help more than ever.
how can you help?
Mystery Mugs 2020 will be held as a silent auction over 4 days, where you can bid for your favourite mug-inspired piece.
- We will host an inaugural event online, on Thursday, November 19, from 7 to 8 pm that will include:
- Craft & Beverage Demos
- Mug Stories
- and of course, all mug-inspired craft!
- Attendees will have exclusive access to the first auction phase, and bid starting on Thursday, November 19, at 7pm until Friday, November 20 at 7pm. If you have the highest bid in this period, the mug-inspired piece is yours!
- After that, a second phase of the auction will be open to the public from Friday, November 20, 7pm, and until Sunday, November 22, at 11:59pm. If you have the highest bid in this period, the mug-inspired piece is yours!
During past editions, we have had such an amazing array of mug donations in a variety of mediums, hand made by professional artist members. We received everything from your traditional ceramic mug, to mug jewellery and felted mug mats. This year, we are excited to share with you our members’ new creations!
access to the live event & exclusive access to the silent auction for 24 hrs before it is open to the public
access to the live event + exclusive access to silent auction + entry for a draw for a piece of contemporary craft
access to the live event + exclusive access to silent auction + entry for a draw for a piece of contemporary craft + a Mystery Mug from the ccbc collection + $50 charitable tax receipt
Enter a draw to receive your very own #MysteryMug!
To participate, share with us your Mug Story! Tell us about your first mug, your favourite mug, or a mug hero story, or let us know about your mug ritual. Whether it’s a specially brewed coffee you can’t miss in the morning, or a relaxing cup of tea in the evening – we want to hear about it!
How to enter:
Send your stories and photos to [email protected]
You can also post your mug stories & rituals with a photo on social media and
- tag us @craftcouncilbc on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter
- and use the hashtag #MysteryMugs2020!